Skip to main content

Surviving My Mother's Death. Part 4

     Yesterday I was thinking about the many times my mom encouraged my creativity as a child. But when I became an Adult, she admired it. Often she would say I could see the things, the bigger picture, whereas others could not.  Writing this blog is one aspect of my journey in understanding my mother's death and dealing with my new life without her.

    For those that also lost their mothers recently, the type of pain mixed with anxiety to carry on the promises made to them can be quite heavy. But what I suggest is to find something creative that can help you live and honor their memory, the bigger picture.

-Sherri M. Littleton

For Yesterday's Post 

https://sherrimlittleton.blogspot.com/2021/05/surviving-my-mothers-death-part-3.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Mother's Only Daughter

 January 10, 2023     Today, I decided to not survive, but thrive! A few years ago I started writing on my blog again after the passing of my beautiful Mother, Alma Jean Dortch Littleton. It helped me to vent and at that time, begin my Life without her. But, I am not without her...she's here. I can feel her protecting me and guiding my decisions every day. She is just not here physically. Although many people in my family would always call me her junior, it is more apparent now. The way I jumped into hosting mode to make sure my entire home was cleaned, food stocked, fresh sheets and towels available for family coming from out of town for her funeral, all while looking well put together, was such a mom thing. I made sure everyone was comfortable and couldn't stop cleaning and hosting. I could see the worry in my aunts, uncle and cousins eyes. I couldn't stop making sure everything was perfect.       Perfect for MY MOM's FUNERAL and for the family. She ...

My Mother's Only Child. I Voted!!!

      I have memories of my mother being excited to see me vote for the first time. It was at the public library and the excitement that we had was quite overwhelming. Years later, after her death I felt my mom with me today as I voted for a person that represents me and many others in this country. I could feel her hug on me as I became emotional while stepping up in line. I feel confident, calm and excited! Yes, it's still a bit overwhelming and as tired as I am, I am READY!!! We got this!!! My Mothers Only Child. 

My Mother's Only Child-- What I've been up to?

 February was my Birthday month, and it was nice. Finally took a long-awaited trip to California, San Francisco to be exact and I quite enjoyed it. Solo trips are my thing, and it is one of best therapy tools that I used in the last few years. Staying in downtown San Fran in Fisherman Wharf was the perfect spot to enjoy food trucks, local stores, participate in a street festival, take a yacht tour to see the Golden Gate bridge and relax on the beach. Perfect weather, nice people and the best time to meditate and spiritually thank my Mom and all my relatives watching over me. A superb experience. I highly recommend anyone that has made it to the healing part of the grieving process to do solo trips. It is what your loved ones would want for you. Well Worth it! My Mother's Only Child, Sherri M. Littleton