For the first time since my mother's death 7 years ago, I’m choosing to no longer grieve but to begin the process of enjoying myself and to focus on my goals. The last three and half years I began emotionally and physically healing while being intentional with my actions. I traveled even more but to locations like Honolulu, Hawaii and back to London, England. Solo trips for me is relaxing and exciting but also it allows to me to sit with myself and listen. I listened to my prayers , dreams and fears. I was honest with who was in my circle that was holding me back and why I held on to those friendships and relationships. It was comfortable to make excuses for putting my dreams on hold and hung around people that did the same. Then one day, I had enough of seeing other creative people live out my dreams and it got to a point where I had to make some hard decisions. So, I’m now here consistently posting clips of my life, trips and ideas online again but now daily. It was a struggle at first but now I get it. I’m just getting back to ME!
January 10, 2023 Today, I decided to not survive, but thrive! A few years ago I started writing on my blog again after the passing of my beautiful Mother, Alma Jean Dortch Littleton. It helped me to vent and at that time, begin my Life without her. But, I am not without her...she's here. I can feel her protecting me and guiding my decisions every day. She is just not here physically. Although many people in my family would always call me her junior, it is more apparent now. The way I jumped into hosting mode to make sure my entire home was cleaned, food stocked, fresh sheets and towels available for family coming from out of town for her funeral, all while looking well put together, was such a mom thing. I made sure everyone was comfortable and couldn't stop cleaning and hosting. I could see the worry in my aunts, uncle and cousins eyes. I couldn't stop making sure everything was perfect. Perfect for MY MOM's FUNERAL and for the family. She ...
Comments
Post a Comment